View Single Post
Old
08-26-2012, 01:08 PM
OFFSIDE NOT OFFSIDES

vCash: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnurvel View Post
*sigh* My point is that they were a second away from the final when Waterloo tied the score. It's not like when Sudbury lost 3-6 or today when Waterloo didn't even score.

Seriously, what is the deal with you Canadians? You just won the whole thing (congrats to Sudbury, btw), why are you still looking to pick on people and act like idiots?
Huh? First off I don't see this as a team representing Canada or the USA. Even if Sudbury had the Canadian flag, or the US had their flag in the dressing room or their flag stitched to their sweaters. The tournament organizers should have said right from the start NO FRIGGIN FLAGS ANYWHERE!! I see it as a team representing the OHL and a team representing the USHL.

As for your post. Yes, they were seconds away from the final. The team that beat them in the shootout LOST to the team they beat earlier 6-3.
Just because they beat Sudbury 6-3 in one game doesn't mean they would have (as you put it) crushed them if they had played in the final. But they might have, yet, Sudbury might have crushed them or the game could have gone to a shootout...we'll never know.

In sports nothing is guaranteed. We see top seeds lose championships all the time.
And in one game championships anything can happen. Too many penalties, stupid moves, not having it that day, a hot goalie, lucky bounces etc.
Sudbury won today. Tomorrow, Waterloo could win. Tuesday the team representing the Swedish junior league could win.

I'm not sure how you can say we're picking on anyone and acting like idiots but if it makes you feel good...oh well.... Que Sera, Sera.

Last edited by 2525: 08-26-2012 at 01:20 PM.
2525 is offline   Reply With Quote