View Single Post
Old
08-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Eddie Shack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
I think the UCI/ASO should just leave them alone. Anyone who knows anything about the sport knows what went on during that era (and Indurain's that preceded it) and can judge it for themselves.

Rider gets caught doping during/immediately after a race? DQ them and strip them of any title won, passing it to the next rider, such as with Landis in 2006.

Rider gets "convicted" of doping years after the fact based on strong but circumstantial evidence? Leave the results as they are and accept that many people will simply judge them as illegitimate, it's too far in the past to start altering results and figuring out who was clean and who was not.
I don't really have a problem with that approach either. This many years after, there is no good solution. But you know Oscar Pirerro was a doper just as much as Floyd Landis was. His "win" is no more legitimate than Floyd's. That's the hypocrisy of awarding the win to someone else. But leaving the record book alone would not bother me. This was never about LA but rather about exposing the fraud.

What really needs to happen is for the UCI to be exposed for the fraud that they are. When their complicity in LA's fraud is made public we can only hope they are destroyed in their current state and the sport starts over with better leadership. The real cancer in pro cycling is the likes of Pat McQuaid and Hein Verbruggen.

Eddie Shack is online now   Reply With Quote