Thread: Value of: 1st Line RW to Ottawa
View Single Post
Old
08-26-2012, 03:20 PM
Intense Rage

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
No to trading any of our top blue chip prospects who could emerge as stars in their own right. Trading for a stop gap measure until the prospects are NHL ready & ready to be elite players is more or less the way to go at this time in the teams development. IMO Ottawa needs a bonafide top four defenceman more than a top 6 forward but both are possible. I would like to see Murray pursue Byfuglien RD from Winnipeg & Hemskey RW from Edm, I doubt they would cost any of our top five prospects & both could contribute for another few yrs.
Byfuglien will definitely cost you one of your top prospects. You are not going to someone like him if you are not willing to give up something the Jets would want.

As far as all the "Perry is a UFA, we can just acquire him for free". I wish that was the way everything worked, we could all just wait till free agency to solve all our weaknesses. The fact is that Perry will be a premier free agent which any team with cap space will try to acquire. In fact I bet most would even try to free up space to sign him if given the opportunity. The competition for a guy like Perry would be high and then you have to hope that he picks your team out of 29 others. All I am saying is the odds will not be in your favor.

For the matter at hand, I would simply advocate waiting. You saw good results this year but sticking with the plan will likely end up with better results.

Intense Rage is offline   Reply With Quote