View Single Post
Old
08-26-2012, 05:06 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
So by capgeek, I see that Boston has $1.33 in cap space this year including Seguin's last contract. How does Thomas' contract fit into all this? He's slated to be UFA after next year but I was told his absence could move that year forward.

Is Boston planning on keeping Horton?
He'll still be paid 3.5 this year no matter what. Thomas' contract will be gone next season, freeing $5m which will more than cover the cap hit. If we keep Horton, I don't know, it depends on this season. If his injury isn't harmful long-term and he puts up decent numbers, I'm sure we'd toss a few more years at him, at the same price probably or let him walk. That, or we'd need to make a trade to get another RW. Or we could try Peverley in the top-6 or see if Spooner/Knight/Caron/KoKo is ready. Caron played well with Bergeron and Marchand in the past, all three of them are great defensively. A top-6 of Lucic-Krejci-Seguin/Marchand-Bergeron-Caron isn't too bad, but I'd prefer an actual goal scorer on the wing on the 2nd line. Caron is pretty talented, though.

I'd be overjoyed if he got a Skinner/Hall contract.

He's already gotten more points than Krejci, and his defensive play is great for his age, he almost deserves 5.5-6 now..

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote