View Single Post
Old
08-26-2012, 05:09 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marklar View Post
Huh?

Yes I follow junior hockey. Religiously. I have no idea where you're coming up with this "the Q is the lowest scoring junior league", but it's actually the worst of the three CHL leagues by far and the easiest for a top prospect to dominate offensively in. Look how many Q players are drafted each year, in the first round especially, and that should give you all the proof you need. The Q has top players like Crosby, Huberdeau, etc. come along every year but their league is pretty shallow other than Saint John and Quebec this season (and no Shawinigan wasn't great). Ask any scout ever, the Q is the easiest league to score in if you're atop prospect, especially if you're 6'4.

I am not talking about their PPG's in junior. I could not care any less about their stats. Couturier does not have the offensive skillset of a guy like RNH. It's night and day in comparison. If everything was based on stats, Couturier would have gone first overall.

Put Couturier in the WHL like RNH, and he's not as dominant as he was in the Q. Guaranteed. Bigger, tougher league to score in. RNH just has more skill, shiftiness, vision. There's a reason he went 1st overall and Couturier went 8th. I'm sorry but you don't follow junior hockey or prospects in general if you think Couturier has as much upside as an RNH. If you think he has the potential to get 80 points, you're going to be disappointed.

That's all I have to say, and I won't return to this forum. No doubt the replies are gonna be all biased anyway, so what's the point of me coming here to show my unbiased views.
I think it's stupid to think Couturier will be as good as RNH, but I also think RNH has a ceiling better then that of 80 points.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote