View Single Post
Old
08-26-2012, 05:32 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
I just looked on eBay, I can buy a Landeskog YG for $14.88 + $2.23 for shipping. So, I think i'm going to hang on to the Nugent-Hopkins, unless a deal comes along that I cannot pass up.

The only thing that had me unsure was that Landeskog is a Calder winner and is on a bubble team, meaning he is closer to Lord Stanley. Nugent-Hopkins is a 1st overall pick, on a bottom-5(for now) team, and dealt with shoulder problems. If he keeps getting injured and cannot play, the value goes down.
If the injuries do persist his value will go down, but a lot of value is based on good players who are popular.

I'd argue that Lidstrom's career is and will be far more impressive than Crosby, Ovechkin, Price, etc but his cards are pretty worthless in comparison to the other players because he wasn't as popular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
Those Upper Deck Young Gun rookie cards from now are terrible, just plane black with a bit of text on the back. It's a shame people put value in them because they're rookie cards, I'd rather get something nice looking for cheap even if it's value never goes up.
I have a hologram Ray Bourque card for him winning the Norris in the early 90's that's worth a dollar... maybe. The young gun cards are worth as much as they are do to demand and lack of production.