Thread: Prospect Info: Prospect Index 2012-2013
View Single Post
Old
08-26-2012, 06:35 PM
jfb392

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Not to rain on the parade...but remember last time we thought we should get a teammate of a first round pick because of their chemistry? Not saying Duclair will turn out like Khokhlachev...but just food for thought.
Khokhlachev hasn't turned into anything yet, just like most of his 2011 draft peers.
He went back to Russia, but his contract with Spartak is for one year and one year only.
He has a contract with the Bruins that will no slide after this season and he'll be responsible for fulfilling it.
It's actually a good option for him I think.
As I've said before, if Grigorenko isn't ready for the NHL in 13-14, I'm fine with him signing with CSKA for a year.

Duclair is a good prospect and he fills some needs for us too (skilled forward, decent size, bit of an edge, LW).
He's highly skilled, skates very well, and while he isn't physically developed yet, has a bit of a hot streak to him.
I started to become a fan of his after I watched him at the CWG last year, which was before he played with Grigorenko or was even drafted into the Q yet.