View Single Post
Old
08-26-2012, 07:38 PM
DM23BK30
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Their lineup is flawed. Only two .300 hitters. When you have 7 hitters that hit between .240-.260, you are not a good hitting team. I don't care how many homer-uns they hit.

Texieira is not the hitter the Yankees thought they were getting.
Granderson has a lot holes in his swing.
Martin is done. Like 4 years ago...
Ibanez/Chavez have been productive but they're susceptible to off-speed stuff.
Arod is not aging well. Should not be batting clean-up. When he was healthy they had him there...
Swisher is a good player.
Ichiro is ehh.

My point is the lineup isn't well rounded. Lacks contact hitters (well rounded, hit the ball to all fields hitters) and speed.
You have a bunch of guys that swing for the fences a lot and have too many holes in their swing/s.
This is why they struggle in October and with RISP.
Yankees lead the American League in OPS and Slugging, and are 3rd in OBP. They're first in HR, second in RBI, first in total bases, and second in runs.

They are also eighth in the AL in strikeouts.

You have to factor in the Gardner and A-Rod injuries as well. Swisher missed some time too.

I like the Dynasty Yankees of the late 1990s, but those teams were built by Bob Watson and Stick Michael. If you look around the league, the Yankees still have the most complete lineup in the game (when healthy). No team in the AL can bring out a 1-9 like they can, including Texas

The yankees took three of four from the Rangers a week ago, and it should have been a four-game sweep if not for the bullpen.