Old
08-26-2012, 08:41 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
Let me tell you the story of Bryz. Waiver wire pick-up by PHX, then BECAUSE OF THE SYSTEM, does great. GM PH signs him to 50M+ and gets lucky on his trades of Richards/Carter, so then they didn't need that great of a goalie. Then, the Yotes pick up a back-up from Tampa, and now he is considered great. Then, Philly trades their young, pretty good back-up, so then they can play Leighton for ~20 games.
There's this thing about Bryzgalov, and it's that I'm pretty sure his time in Phoenix predates that of Dave Tippett. Indeed, I'm reasonably certain he came in when Wayne Gretzky was coaching, and had as many years under Gretzky as he did under Tippett - and say what you will about Wayne Gretzky and his legacy and his many, many contributions to hockey, he was indisputably a really bad coach. Indeed, if I recall correctly Bryzgalov's best career numbers in a single season came under Gretzky, not Tippett.

But, sure, he's all because of the system, right?

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!