View Single Post
Old
08-26-2012, 11:22 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
No, i dont want nothing to do with Bryzgalov at all, its your problem, do with him as you want.

I just want Price for Couturier straight up. But dont forget down the line Price will eat 6 500 000$ cap space that will not be allowed elsewhere on the lineup.
I can't say I blame you for feeling that way about Bryzgalov's contract, ha. If Bryz didn't have a no move clause then maybe I would be willing to blow Ed Snider's money and waive him, but he's not waivable, and we couldn't swing both obviously.

The deal goes from a "hell yes" to a "maybe" if we have to figure out what to do with Bryz, as we're probably going to have to give something up just to get rid of that contract. The value for Couts is fine, Price is great, but Philly's situation sort of has them with few options as far as goaltending changes go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
For the record, I'd rather keep PK but something like this intrigues me...

To
  • Sean Couturier
  • Braydon Coburn

To
  • PK Subban
  • Tomas Plekanec

A few spare pieces could be added one way or the other to even out the deal...
If we trade Braydon Coburn what is the point of the deal for us?

We are downgrading defensively at two positions and upgrading offensively at the same ones. We scored the third most goals in the league last year, this is a step even further away from tackling the deficiencies Philadelphia needs to address. In addition to that, I'm not entirely confident that Couturier won't be playing hockey at a similar level to Plekanec as soon as next year anyway. So we would make a lateral move at center while sacrificing upside to do it, and pay more for the player we have slotted in there.