Thread: OT: Futbol II
View Single Post
Old
08-26-2012, 11:23 PM
artilector

vCash: 500
Random thoughts..

I used to watch English and Italian league games regularly when they started getting broadcast here.. but now having watched Barca and Team Spain over the last few years, everything else has paled in comparison. Amateurs, the lot of them, lol.

I am a bit intrigued by that Eden Hazard guy in Chelsea, though. They've been a sturdy, boring club for a long while now, probably since the days of Robben (and he was always injured, anyway).. it would be interesting to see what they can do with a spark of creativity. Also would be great to see Torres recover his form, at his best he's a great, great striker.

And it's pretty sad what's happened with Wenger and Arsenal. They had such a promising team just a couple of years ago, Van Persie, Fabregas, Nasri, so much style, and it all just fell apart. I have a feeling that Wenger is a great coach, just wrong place/wrong time.

Still, the Spanish superclubs are head and shoulders above the rest, IMO. There really needs to be a Barca-Real CL final while Ronaldo, Casillas and Mourinho are still the stars in Madrid. Messi is younger, he'll be around for a while, but it wouldn't be the same without the main nemesis.

artilector is offline   Reply With Quote