View Single Post
Old
05-01-2006, 07:38 AM
JV

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
JV, I keep hearing the 2nd faceoff man point in G2. Murray has extensive experience at C, doesn't he ? I'd be curious to know whether he's considered a good faceoff guy. Some radio guys won't let this go, but wasn't that why Murray was on the ice ? Not like Gainey forgot.
I don't honestly know how much center Murray has played at the NHL or AHL level. It would have been helpful if someone in the press had asked Gainey about the decision. Murray did not look like he had a chance on the draw...kind of like a lot of wingers.

It's true we came back and won the game, but giving up that kind of chance with 25 seconds left is hard to swallow.

Gainey just looks as though he's stuck in mud. Since the middle of the second period of game three (when Koivu went down) I haven't seen any sense of urgency from him. Putting Downey in the lineup instead of Kostytsyn was a bit puzzling, especially when we're struggling to generate offence. And I was not impressed by the effort last night, overall, or the fact that little was done to mix it up on the pp after Ribs/Bulis/Kovalev had gone 0-3 and scarcely generated a shot on goal.