Thread: Prospect Info: St. Louis Blues Top Prospect #11
View Single Post
Old
08-27-2012, 06:18 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
I don't see Grachev as having top-6 potential at all. I see him as having the potential to be a Russian equivalent to Brad Winchester. In not overly high on Grachev but I do think he has a decent shot of becoming a full-time NHLer...if he's willing to stick it out that is. He's already paid his dues in Jrs and the minors more that most Russians typically seem willing to do but he's going to have to pay some more dues IMO and even then likely won't be a big time player IMO so I could see him eventually returning to Russia. Many Russians are good enough for the NHL but return to the KHL to play a bigger role there in their home country for as just as much money.

What I really find funny here though is that I voted for Grachev in this poll but don't think overly highly of him while a few who seem positive about his future and potential voted for someone else!
I don't personally think Grachev is going to make it. Hockeys future put the 7d label on him. I think the d is more realistic off of the 7. I was being more hypothetical in that you could see what he would do around talent (Stewart and Tarasenko), but I think his preseason coming out party came and went.... Really at this point in our voting. His talent and tweener status had to make him the favorite, whether I really wanted to vote for him or not. It's like bluesfan94 said....It's either top 6 or possibly top 9. The problem is what level the Blues top 9 are at versus the lesser of the pack teams of the NHL. Grachev is going to pull a Tonya Harding, if he wants to play.....

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote