View Single Post
Old
08-27-2012, 07:29 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
I would definitely separate statements like "he was not treated right" from "he had every chance to prove himself".

I am not sure if anyone have mentioned this, but Zuccarello had;
Ryan Callahan,
Marian Gaborik,
Brandon Prust,

to fight it out with for ice time on the RW. Tortorella loves Callahan and Prust, and Gaborik is a proven sniper.

So, while I am definitely not slow to believe that players aren't always given a "fair" shot, its definitely hard to argue that Torts made a bad decision to not play the three mentioned above less.

With that said, I definitely don't agree with the ones in this thread stating that he got a chance but didn't take it. I think he was given a pretty darn worthless chance. He played mostly with Derek Stepan the rookie and Wojtek Wolski, and was a 5'7 Norwegian playmaking midget who was forced to be the most defensive responsible player on his line. MZA is also a player who greatly would have benefitted from playing with size on his line, and he never got much of that etc. Never really top 2 line icetime.

So I think its very odd to claim that he even got a good shot at proving himself. He certainly did not. But, I am not sure if it was "unfair" in anyway to not give him a perfect environment, that's life at times kind of...