View Single Post
Old
08-27-2012, 08:21 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo7200 View Post
I remember all the hype about Danny from the beginning of this year. His not signing really slowed a lot of that down, but I'm interested as to where all of you think he would fall in on our prospect rankings?

Also, are we in for a Schultz-esque courting frenzy with Dekeyser looking forward?
Don't think he will get the Schultz level hype because his offense just isn't there. He will be the top college free agent so some hype will be around him. I really like his game, but I wouldn't put him above Marchenko. Even Backman could be in front of him in terms of age, development and ceiling. I don't think he lands inside the top 15 on our current list. He is a much better version of Lashoff but I just think people should keep this in mind when the DeKeyser hype train takes off this year. He has qualities but his expectations could get out of whack, he is a defensive d-man. I think DeKeyser will be best served to go to a team that might not rush him right away, his immediate NHL ready status still is something I am not totally sold on. Not bury him for a couple of years, but maybe not pencil him in going into training camp.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote