Thread: Prospect Info: St. Louis Blues Top Prospect #11
View Single Post
Old
08-27-2012, 09:33 AM
ChicagoBlues

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
Pietrangelo was an elite Junior, with a well-rounded game. Schmaltz has a big deficit in the defensive zone. That is not to imply that he won't improve that part of his game and become a solid NHL defenceman with super offensive skills. But, he has a MUCH farther way to go than did Pietrangelo. He should be compared more to a "Steve Duschene" type, or, loosely, perhaps, to Rundblad. I don't think that Schmaltz will ever reach where Pietrangelo is now. But, he may become adequate in his own zone (perhaps even slightly above average there). And, in combination with a super offensive game, he might become a multiple-year all star at his position. I don't think, however, that he'll ever be the elite defenceman that Pietrangelo looks to become.
He's responding to my superficial argument about Schmaltz being a skinny punk who is three years away. My comment about Schmaltz was in reference as to why he was voted the #6 Blues prospect. He's not even in my Top-12, but I understand why he's much further up in the majority's eyes.

Last edited by ChicagoBlues: 08-27-2012 at 04:41 PM. Reason: not again!! SCHMALTZ!!
ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote