View Single Post
Old
08-27-2012, 11:46 AM
Marvelous Manked
Director of Glitter

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMacSen View Post
Looking forward to hearing your take on those guys. I have October 7th circled on my calendar, the rest will have to be the OHL Action Pack.

I caught a period and a half of the Waterloo/Sudbury game over the weekend, first person who stuck out to me was Silk, seemed to have good speed and was reading the play really well and setting up some good chances.

Other guy was Campagna, still not sure why he wasn't drafted last year, seemed to be flying all over the offensive zone. Only caught a shift or two from Baptiste but he seemed to be creative with the puck and at times used his size well but also fell alot.

Is Evan de Haan related to Calvin by chance?
Brothers.

More local guys. I know the scout for the Wolves in this area and they love taking Ottawa guys.

Sam Schutt is from the boonies, but played for the Ottawa Valley Titans.
Nathan Pancel is an Ottawa kid, played for the Junior 67s.
Evan de Haan is from Carp, played for the Titans.
Baptiste is from Kanata I think, played for the Junior Senators.

In regards to De Haan, I really think he deserves more credit. Both do. Evan's pretty small, and physically he isn't spectacular, but his vision, PPQB-ing, and passing are very impressive. He played in the CJHL last year for Pembroke, but his brother didn't make the Generals until his draft year (he had played in Kemptville). If he keeps going under the radar, I'd love spending a mid-round pick on him.