Evander Kane would be a god send...

for

Rene Bourque
Tomas Kaberle
Danny Kristo
Nathan Beaulieu
1st rounder this year.
2nd Rounder this year.

Winnipeg would likely never, ever do this trade... Leans heavily in MTs favour... but having Bourque under contract (theyll likely have a tough time attracting UFAs) They need a puck mover so Kaberle somewhat fits and both players should be able to replace the offense lost. Kaberle/Bourque have pretty much negative value but having 2 roster players go back in the trade would be good for them.

Habs are giving up alot but this deal that makes sense because theyre not losing any pieces of their core. wWould likely need bodies in return (AHL players or less touted prospects, maybe a low draft pick) but to nab Kane it would take alot.

Can't see Winnipeg ever doing this deal though, only if Kane publicly start to demand a trade would something like this ever be considered. I think it would be something along the lines of what I think the Habs would offer. Problem is that Winnipeg wants to win now and that deal sort of looks toward the future. I think Winnipeg needs to draft heavily out of the WHL and get some talent out of Manitoba and Saskatchewan for the team to be successful.

I could see WPG wanting Gallagher instead of Kristo, and hell maybe even Markov instead of Kaberle... but Markov has more question marks IMO and while Kaberle is constantly **** on he's good for 30 points and a great bottom pairing guy... albeit an expensive one.

I'm trying to convince myself it could happen. Sigh, the summer is long.