View Single Post
Old
05-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadiggitystank
Jokinen seems to be more effective on the wing. But it'll be interesting to see how many of our prospects will be up to graduating next season, that'll definately have influence on who we target in the UFA market. I think we have the depth to overcome it, but either way I dont think we have the payroll to go after a major UFA center (and I want Arnott gone).

A guy I'd like us to target is McCauley, he had an off year but he's still a great two-way center who is creative with the puck and would sign in the $1.5 million range. Another guy that would fit well on the this team would be McCammond, he could really fill out our 4th line, which is pretty weak this year. Then there's always Langenbrunner
I suggested Brendan Morrison in another thread--I always thought he was 2nd line center material anyhow, and I think he'd work well in Dallas, a place that's not the pressure-cooker Vancouver is. He'd cost something in a trade, but I believe his contract would be far cheaper than what you'd have to pay to keep Arnott.

Just a thought.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote