Old
08-27-2012, 01:42 PM
imisssaku
@imisssaku

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
The habs would never do this trade.
We are trading a guy who has proven to be capable of scoring around 30 goals, a defensement who can do 30 points, a guy who has the potential to be a 1 or 2 liner, our best (or second) defesement prospect who has the potential to be a top 2 dman, our 1st and 2nd rounder this year in a draft that will be very deep and talented, all this for just one guy? no way.
I don't think Bourque is a 2nd line guy anymore. I think his production is on a downward trend. Kaberle is replaceable within our system. I wouldn't be too unhappy seeing Weber get more minutes in his absence. I think he would do an ok job replacing his offense and defensively well they're both not very good haha.

I dont want to see Kristo be next years Schultz. How does Anaheim feel right now?

Beaulieu would hurt to lose, but I feel Tinordi and Ellis will both be better long-term.

The 1st and 2nd is alot, but we're not offering enough in the roster players to nab Evander Kane. I would definitely protect the 1st rounder from the top 5, top 10 if you could. Something like they'd get next years pick regardless of position.

Kane is a 3 year NHL vet. He played at 18, and put up 19 goals in 72 games (you can assume he'd get one more in the last 10 games that would have made a full season) and 30 last year. He's an incredible player trending up. He's going to nab alot. Look what Rick Nash got at 28 years old with a 7 million cap hit. We could sign him to a contract similar in length to Price/Subban/Gorges and have a really solid core locked up for the next 4-5 years.

Kane isn't as good as Nash but he's a 30 goal power forward on the Jets. So he's close, lol.

Also the Salary lost. Gives the Habs so much flexibility even with Gomez. We could sign a couple of the not-terrible UFAs out there. Bring AK back on a one year (very similar, but I think better player than Bourque. Throw Kubina a one year contract. Big, Right handed, better defensively than Kaberle.

Edit- Also MTL would need more back as well, which i did mention but didnt go into. Couple under 25's and a later pick.

Last edited by imisssaku: 08-27-2012 at 01:52 PM.