Old
05-01-2006, 11:29 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix
I don't like it. How come Wolski can do it and Lapierre or Kosty can't. Wolski had a tremendous junior season but that's what it is....JUNIOR...Both our guys were in the AHL, with a couple of games played in the Bigs....That's a trend I don't like. We still keep saying that we're winning all those 5 on 5, it's the PK's and PP's that are our problem. And we'll fix this by dressing Downey??? How does he become a liability on defense if he's playing on the 4th with Bonk and Murray for exemple with some quality time on PP???
I don't like Wolski, but I don't think there's much comparison between his talent and Kostitsyn's. Wolski is way ahead. And I don't think it's special teams per se that are hurting us, it's just intensity all over the ice. Our guys know how to kill penalties, they just aren't putting it all on the line every shift. They are playing too clinical on the PP. Downey isn't going to solve anything, but he's a bit of occasional energy that needs to just be a small part of the overall equation. But if the guys on the 1st two lines don't start bringing it, nothing is going to matter. Begin, Murray, Downey, or even Kostitsyn or Lapierre could play their hearts out all they wanted on the lower lines, and it won't mean squat if the other lines aren't playing hard.