08-27-2012, 04:30 PM
surge1979

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
20 less than Wheeler yet no one will bug him about it
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
This article doesn't dispel any myths about Ladd taking bad penalties in the 3rd period when the game on the line, it actually reinforces that fact. The only counter-argument is "Wheeler does it too!". A little context....and this is where the statheads get it wrong, IMO. Unless you're prepared to show videos of Wheeler's vs Ladds penalties (and believe me, you don't want to) so viewers can decide which penalties are good vs bad, this is meaningless.

I watched every game last year as I'm sure most of us did. Aside from fighting PK Subban, I never really saw Wheeler taking a selfish penalty (I wouldn't even call that selfish...it was great). Most of his "lazy" penalties were backchecking and tripping / hooking guys.

On the other hand, we all watched Ladd slash / highstick / crosscheck and elbow opposing players in the offensive or neutral zone, late in close games. (Games against Calgary, Carolina and New Jersey come to mind.) There is good reason why everyone believes Ladd can't control his temper and takes some brutal penalties occassionally...because its true.

surge1979 is offline   Reply With Quote