View Single Post
Old
08-27-2012, 04:58 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Simply not true.

My prediction is 11th-15th place in the Eastern Conference, and thus whether we draft 1st or 7th depends on luck, injuries, etc. I don't expect the Habs to finish below the Blue Jackets, I only see that happening if we lose one of Subban, Price, or Plekanec.

The Hockey News puts us at 13th place, and thus they are in perfect agreement with my in depth analysis of the Habs roster, which was posted before theirs. If you look back at THN predictions in the past few years you'll find they do better than random chance.

Obviously a lottery would probably be catastrophic for the Habs ... never mind the fact I want to watch some games.
Simply not true? Because you take the THN forecast as near-gospel?. I'd say that finishing 11th-15th in the East (not even considering the West) probably wouldn't give the Habs a good shot at the best player in the draft. Finishing 11th would rule it out mathematically if the Blue Jackets finish where they did last season. I'd say the Habs could finish ahead of the Islanders, Leafs, and Jets and perhaps the Oilers, Coyotes, and Flames as well. I might have added the Wild and Canes before they strengthened themselves.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote