View Single Post
Old
08-27-2012, 06:13 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 500
Glad to say I was at this game, remember everything about it. McCarty should have been tossed, he didn't even get a fighting major which actually stunned even the Wings crowd, with a lot of people around me laughing about how unbelievable that was. Fedorov was outstanding the whole game.

Understand why Avs fans would hate this game. It was a sucker punch, although earned for Claude. As Bowman said afterwards had he just picked up the phone and called Draper, who literally returned a couple weeks before this, had to have facial reconstruction and lost vision in his eye so much so they questioned whether he could every play again. I am sure Chris Simon might have helped a little but the Avs had more big guys in the lineup, it perfect stormed on them. I don't know that anybody could have slowed it down, they had enough. The reason it flipped over was they were getting pushed around again, they got beat up in the media for being timid against the Avs. They just went crazy, the strangest part was the Wings looked like they were going to lose the game for a while in it. I think Keith Jones has said several times the Avs were just stunned and they really just didn't recover from this game the rest of the season.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote