View Single Post
Old
08-27-2012, 06:21 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
I disagree completely. If it was a strike, then yes I could say that the players are disregarding the fans (to point) and not putting the game first. But it's a lock-out, and moreover, it's an unneccessary lock-out. The league can spend another season working out the details if they want but instead they choose to stop the game because of greed. This is 100% owners fault. Sure the players could submit to the owners offer and therefore we could see hockey next season, but that offer was so ridiculous that the owners aren't even attempting to prevent a work stoppage. It's insulting to the fans and the players, plain and simple.
This isn't true Bettman and the owners wanted to meet before Christmas last year but the players choose not to because they believed waiting would put more pressure on the owners, if there is a lockout both sides are equally guilty it isn't just one sided. People call the owners greedy because they want more money but so do the players its a 2 way street. Personally I hope they sign a 1 year deal that is the exact same as this and continue discussions.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote