View Single Post
Old
08-27-2012, 09:45 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elverpond View Post
posted earlier in the thread, anyone know if the villeray area is a nice place to rent a vacation home during our stay? it's on the corner of rue d'Iberville and boulevard Rosemont and it's cheap
Iberville and Rosemont is not in Villeray it's in Rosemont petite patrie I went to school 5 mins walk from there. I'd say it's ok, a little poor but not more than the average of the city, I also know there's no homes but only appartments it's pretty close from Rosemont metro ( about 5 mins by bus or a 15mins walk ). All the bars around it are pretty creepy except La boite a marius on Rosemont and Papineau, where you can really get a grasp of quebecois culture.

Going to school right around the corner I know that there's a little bit of gang culture, teenagers selling dope and the occasional troubles with the law, nothing bad really, downtown is a lot more hazardous for these types of problems. On rosemont and de l'orimier ( 2 mins walk ) you also have the restaurant called the Capri open 24hrs 7 days a pretty good diner that has been around for generations, pretty good poutine, smoke meat sandwichs, greek, burgers...

The Olympic stadium, botanical gardens, the biodome and saputo stadium are 10 mins by bus, driving east on Rosemont bus# 197.

Knowing the rent prices around the city I know that Rosemont petite-patrie is one of the cheapest area you'll find. I'd say go for it, don't expect to be in the most fun part of town but as a base for going around the city it's well located.

Oh and the area is mostly french, you'll probably be able to get service in english in most of the stores but don't be surprised if you ever encounter french uni-lingual waitresses and neighbors.

Last edited by Alexdaman: 08-27-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Alexdaman is online now   Reply With Quote