Old
05-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
And Blind Gardien, you obviously hate Kostitsyn...that's probably why you said that Wolski is far ahead of Kost skillwise because they are both skilled player and Kost migh be ahead. Will he be the best of the two, it's too early to say, but he has the potential. Also, I don't know if you saw him play in Montreal, because he was by far one of our best player out there...
I saw him play all minutes of all his games in Montreal. I didn't think he looked particularly useful. Basically, at best, I can see him having the impact of Perezhogin. Which is essentially negligible. That's at best. At worst, he could always look more like the player I saw in Hamilton, which would have been behind Perezhogin in terms of potential impact. I don't see that this is the kind of addition we need to the roster right now.

And I don't hate Kostitsyn at all. I have hopes that one day (probably not next year) he'll be ready to play in our lineup. But I haven't seen sufficient indication that he's ready now to even remotely think he's a candidate to throw into a Game 6 NHL playoff situation, given that we have numerous other alternatives. Maybe if we had 5 other guys clicking nicely on our top-2 lines and we were really cruising along, he could get his feet wet, just for fun. But we've got pretty much nobody going for us right now, and it's not going to be fair to throw him into the current situation amongst our forwards, to him or to us. It's the sort of pointless situation that only true HFBoards dreamers can even contemplate.