View Single Post
Old
08-27-2012, 10:38 PM
Recoil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
ryan kinda sucks. He's basically Captain Checkdown. For fantasy purposes he's fine, but he's one of the last guys I'd ever want on my real life football team.
For Fantasy purposes, I think he's solid this year for sure. I took him in my main league this year for the same reasons TormenT mentioned. His numbers last year had him the #8 Fantasy QB in our league, and he was right there with Tony Romo (#7). All that was with an extremely slow start to his season (remember, there was a lockout last year and many offenses took some time to get better) and a rookie WR in Julio Jones who also had no offseason.

There seems to be more emphasis on the pass this season in Atlanta, and with Julio hitting his second year, there's no reason not to assume he won't have a good season.

What I really don't get, is all these Fantasy "experts" say that Julio is going to be huge (maybe #2/#3 WR overall) and that Roddy White will still be Top 10 / Top 15, and that Tony Gonzalez will also be solid yet....Matt Ryan won't? You can't have it both ways people. If those guys are going to have good seasons, the one throwing them the ball will too.

Of course, it's all conjecture like anything Fantasy related, but there's good reason for optimism.