Thread: Freddy Meyer
View Single Post
Old
05-01-2006, 02:03 PM
Stonehands77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDagoBU
Watching Freddy for three years at BU, all of this sounds familiar. He was the Hockey East Defensive Defenseman of the Year his senior year, one of those guys you knew was never gonna get beat one-on-one. In addition, he scored some big goals and was a very good passer.

I always knew he'd make it to the NHL, because watching him, it was obvious how smart he was on the ice and how well he knew how to use his size to his advantage.

I'm a person who's pretty much always disliked Philly sports teams, but Freddy has me checking Flyers boxscores every day, and even kinda rooting for them.

As for the penalties, well, he is BU's all-time leader in PIMs, and fans of the other eight Hockey East teams still refer to him as "The Hack", so I'm thinkin you're not gonna see a Lady Byng in the future. He has seemed to play a little smarter since going pro in that department.
Very, very true...no other fans in HE liked him, especially not NU fans (this particular one is still thinking his hit on Jim Fahey in the Beanpot Fahey's senior season was past borderline), but I hate to say it, I like his game with the Flyers. And that's tough to say, but he's played well, and definitely proved he belongs in the NHL.

Stonehands77 is offline   Reply With Quote