View Single Post
Old
08-27-2012, 11:56 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Yup, that was the analysis I put forth in the surgical tanking thread hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1237081 Here are things that Habs have to look forward to this year, in no particular order: 1) High 1st rounder draft pick, as well as 3 2nd rounders in what analysts are calling the deepest draft since 2003. Possibly more draft picks if Bergevin has the wisdom to sell at the deadline. 2) Alex Galchenyuk playing 9 games at the start of the year, then dominating in the OHL, leading team USA at the world juniors, then possibly leading his team to a memorial cup run, then joining the Bulldogs at the end of the year. He's our best prospect since Guy Lafleur and he's going on a lot of adventures this year. 3) Watching Eller, Emelin, Desharnais, Subban, Pacioretty, Diaz, Weber, and White grow, hold, or bust into the players we need them to become to win cups in our 2015-2020 window. I don't expect them all to grow this year, but I'm sure some of them will, and that's all we need. 4) The future Habs youth core will include a few of Jarred Tinordi, Nathan Beaulieu, Morgan Ellis, Louis Leblanc, Patrick Holland, Brendan Gallagher, Blake Geoffrion, Aaron Palushaj, Jonas Nattinen, Michael Bournival, Cedrick Desjardins, Greg Pateryn, Ian Schultz will grow together on the most talented Hamilton Bulldogs team of many years. They could make a serious run for the Calder cup, and I'm sure a few of these guys will join the big team in 2013 and beyond. 5) The 22 page thread that will appear on HFboards when Nathan Beaulieu gets to play 19 minutes spread over 2 games in a mini-callup to the Habs in December, and other threads like it. 6) Good hockey across the league. There are good teams in Pittsburgh, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, Washington, Vancouver and they will give us good playoff series to enjoy. 7) At the end of the season, Scott Gomez will only have 1 year left on his contract. 8) All those pieces will begin to payoff in the 2013-2014 season. In the summer of 2013, when more sheepish Habs fans type, due to muscle memory: "I think that for 2013-2014 the Habs will be able to compete for 8th place if they have zero injuries", us sober fans will be able to respond that: "even if the Habs have a typical amount of injuries, they should make the playoffs, and have the ability to make noise", and we'll mean it, and it will be a good feeling.
If, besides Bourque and the 2nd rounder, Patrick Holland works out, I wish the Habs had two more Cammalleris to trade to desperate teams. Thank you, Pierre Gauthier, for that coup.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote