View Single Post
Old
08-28-2012, 01:33 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
Honestly, I only saw Dekeyser in a few games last year. But he stood out every time. To me, his combination of tools, NHL readiness, and overall upside would put him pretty high on the Wings list for me. We have some other prospects who maybe have better tools or higher upside, but they are either too far away from the NHL, have too many mitigating flaws, or some combination of both, to go above a guy like Dekeyser.
I have seen him a few times as well, like a lot of what you're saying about him when I watched him as well. However quick point, can we stop saying NHL ready about him. He said he wasn't ready, his parents said he wasn't ready to family friend Nill which was relayed in articles, his former NHL coach said he wasn't ready. Read that closely, it says he is not NHL ready. Should he be after this year? From what I have seen, probably. I don't think he is as ready as say Ouellet. Now that is my opinion and I understand people might not see it the same way. I do have questions though about the huge increase in pace he is going to see and the fact he is very much a stay at home type if he wouldn't be better served to at least break in at the AHL level for even a couple of months. He can overpower half the people he plays against right now, that advantage goes away in the pro game.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote