View Single Post
Old
08-28-2012, 01:15 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Whenever this is brought up, Malkin insists he just wants to play in the NHL. Specifically, Pittsburgh.

But I'm sure fans of every other team are crossing their fingers and hoping otherwise, despite the fact that no player of Malkin's stature has ever left the NHL in the prime of his career.
You should look up at the top of the message, where I clearly state I hope not. Just because I grew up in Detroit and root for the Wings doesn't mean I don't appreciate other great players. I don't want Crosby to have another concussion and I don't want Malkin back in Russia. That isn't good for the NHL. I would much rather just beat them fair and square in a series. It isn't blind hatred.

Just the logic isn't ridiculous to point out what a unique situation he would be to chase for the KHL. Kovalchuk is the only player we have ever heard about getting the big mega offer in terms of not just money but years that was better than the NHL one he signed. He had some unfinished business here though, Malkin has won everything. I am not saying he will sign, but I don't think it is outlandish to think someone will offer him a crazy contract that the NHL probably just cannot compete with. Then it is in his court. I hope he stays, I am not crossing my fingers and hoping that the best player in the league leaves.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote