Thread: Proposal: Tor-SJ
View Single Post
Old
08-28-2012, 05:02 AM
StringerBell

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs87 View Post
The physicality might be what separates them but it is a huge separation. Richards is a physical player and a true leader, proved it on many different occasions, such as Philly LA and team team Canada. The offer was kadri and kulemin and Burke said maybe, in the mean time LA offered their package. If burke said yes it would have been a done deal. To be honest kulemin lost value but most people will agree he is more a 30 goal two way player then a 10 goal confused guy. He lost a really good friend in the plane crash last season and had a bad year, but he should rebound. He also has a physical upside which he hasn't realized yet and plays a strong game while having an amaing shot.
Do you really think Holmgren made an official offer, or do you you think maybe he was just saying it would need to be based around Kadri and Kulemin, and would Burke be interested?

I cant believe that Holmgren either:

A) would officially offer Richards to Burke without talking to LA

Or

B) preferred Kadri + Kulemin over Schenn + Simmonds

Therefore I believe that Holmgren was only sending out feelers with that discussed proposal, and not trying to close the deal. Are any of my facts/assumptions invalid?

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote