Thread: Prospect Info: St. Louis Blues Top Prospect #12
View Single Post
Old
08-28-2012, 05:35 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memento View Post
Ponich got my vote. I actually thought that he played very well for Peoria; he and Fairchild were about the only two defensemen who had plus stats. He brings all sorts of intangibles that I don't think Edmundson has (Ponich was a team captain for the Winterhawks and is better defensively). I honestly don't believe that Lehtera will ever come over. And I won't vote for Kurker or MacEachern just yet.

Also considered Edmundson and Veilleux.
I agree. Also went with Ponich for the same reasons. Check out Ponich vs Bollig (remember what he did to Reaves?) on hockey fights. This is what else Ponich can bring to the table. You need a guy that can stand up for your teammates and not hurt you everytime he touches the ice (Twist or Janssen).

Edmundson may eventually be an upgrade over Ponich. Veilleux is intriguing too.

Everytime I consider voting for Kurker, or MacEachern, I think Max Gardiner, Max Tardy, Travis Erstad or Trevor Nill and several other high schoolers that stalled at the next level. More flounder than move on to the pros or next level in the Blues past history. Give them a year in a decent league. Lehtera is hard for me to vote for as well. I would be more tempted to vote for Eronen, since he came over once already this year for the Blues. Jaskin is closing in on my radar too.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote