View Single Post
Old
05-01-2006, 03:57 PM
Transported Upstater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22SteveBegin22
What if there was a rule that if you hurt a guy by high-sticking him, and he misses games, you have to sit out until he can come back -- up to a maximum of 5 games.

I understand that Williams wasn't trying to hurt Saku, but he was irresponsible with his stick and everyone would agree that this has had a big effect on the outcome of the series since then. Our first-line center and captain was taken out and there wasn't even a penalty.

High sticking is unique among penalties because it's not a judgment call -- people can look back at video and disagree about holding or hooking or cross checking, but you can produce definitive video evidence of high sticking, so I think if the NHL saw that you did it and it hurt a guy and knocked him out, you should have to sit out too.

I would put a maximum of 5 games on it because it's not the same a Bertuzzi kind of intentional incident that should carve a huge chunk out of your career. But you shouldn't be able to get away with it with no penalty either.

HABS IN 7

GET WELL SAKU

Hahaha, I love your avatar...