: Kings Article:
5 Gut-Feeling Predictions on the Kings
View Single Post
08-28-2012, 08:58 AM
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
1. Saying Penner will get 20 goals and 45 points is just saying he'll get back to about what a typical season is for Penner. Take off his career best year and his career worst year (last year for the latter) and he's a 25 goal, 45 point guy. Should be capable of more, but he won't.
2. Richards will be better because he won't be dealing with a concussion this year (hopefully, knock on wood), plus having his BFF on the wing will only help.
3. Bernier's value isn't dictated by Quick's contract. He'll be traded, when the time is right, for a proper return. Rinne's contract length didn't afffect Lindback's return, and Quick's won't impact Bernier's. We'll get a couple of good draft picks or a decent pick and a solid prospect, or Bernier for a veteran player straight up. But value won't be affected by Quick in any way.
4. Yes, the playoffs are anyone's game. To a point. The way the writer writes this, it's as if the regular season is just for show and to weed out a few teams before the real season starts. As Ron pointed out, the Kings were amazing down the stretch once they fixed their need for offensive depth upfront (Carter trade) and ignoring that is just wrong. It's not 100% anyone's game, or teams like Detroit wouldn't make it a habit of going on runs to the 3rd or 4th round year after year.
5. He says Dustin Brown will see a spike in PIM's, but never says how or why. I don't see why he would. He's not going to be a different player. He may get more attention, but isn't that what Dustin Brown wants as well?
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by kingsfan