View Single Post
Old
08-28-2012, 09:29 AM
nickschultzfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopsey View Post
I was over on NHL.com reading about the Wild's projected line up. They were using Falk for the 3rd D pairing over Stoner. Would you guys rather see Stoner or Falk play in the 3rd D pairing because personally I would rather see Stoner.
Healthy Stoner hands down. Healthy Stoner is a really good hockey player. He's big, hits, clears the crease, fights, and actually pretty decent at the position, skating, and puck-moving side of the game.

If Stoner wasn't injured all the time, I think he would be our #4 Dman at this point in his career. But he hasn't been. He gets injured all the time, which limited his development over the last few seasons, and forces him to re-fight for his position whenever he comes back.

Falk has a lot of potential, but he's no longer a young prospect. He's frustrating because he's "almost" there on a lot of things, but he's not where he needs to be. He's "almost" sound defensively. He's "almost" physical. He "almost" has a good shot. He's "almost" a good skater and puck-mover. But a bunch of "almosts" makes a "never".

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote