View Single Post
Old
08-28-2012, 09:49 AM
pld459666

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Oh I can see them getting back to some decent point totals again, I thought people were saying that they believed Dubinsky and Anismov would be improved players in Columbus compared to how they were in NY. Anisimov maybe, but I think Dubinsky is what he is and you're not going to get many more points out of him.

edit: and more icetime doesn't always mean "more points". They'll be facing top defensive pairings without the benefit of a star like Gaborik to take the heat off them, and there's a limit to how well a player can perform by just giving them tons of icetime.
I think it's more a matter of decent players on bad teams have a greater tendency to accumulate points.

These are the types of players that would be 2nd and 3rd liners else where that get played top line minutes and 1st PP time and as such are more often in position to take advantage of prime scoring opportunities that they would not have normally had playing on a better team.

In that line of thinking I can easily see Dubi getting to the 60 point plateau, just not capable of sustaining that on a year to year basis.

I would expect that as long as Brandon gets the minutes of a 1st liner, he will hover in the 50-60 point range. Once they slide him back to his more natural position of 2nd line LW, 45-50+ points is what i would expect from him annually.

Which is very solid.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote