View Single Post
Old
08-28-2012, 01:21 PM
hockey365

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchy View Post
Wish I could answer about Gregoire (and others) but I didn't get to see any of it, too much to do, darn it.

I think we'll see a few changes in the rankings about QMJHL guys. I think MacKinnon will stay high, Erme, Drouin, but I feel Duclaire may slip, Carrier may rise, lots of changes. Not because of changing opinions but because this year a few guys will be playing major minutes, not 3rd line, and we'll get to see if they're 1st liners.

Trouble is some guys get to play with good players and thus stats rise, others have to do it alone so stats fall, and others have coaches who do a bad job (so play the guy 3rd line, coach a system the team can't succeed at. How can we tell, those who are unbiased but have no games to see?

Can you name your top 5 players who can score without help, make teammates better? You know, guys who will produce playing with MacKinnon and Drouin or with Buttleship and Knocknees?
You have some very valid points, that's why I put more emphasis on the NHL's Central Scouting Report and the ISS, more than the Mackenzy, Craig Button's list or others who gets their info second hand and are not viewing the players on a daily basis. But that's just an opinion! Please no hate responses.

Of course SC and ISS DO MAKE MISTAKES! Like every GM in the league has a closet full of skeleton of players they've drafted that never saw a game in the NHL and we've made major mistakes as well! It's not an exact science..... But at least, SC & ISS rank players taking in consideration some of the stuff you've listed.

hockey365 is offline   Reply With Quote