View Single Post
Old
08-28-2012, 01:58 PM
NYRantLftyC19

vCash: 500
A lesser benefit of adding Nash to the team than his on-ice contributions is that i think he will be a great mentor to a guy like Kreider.

Just as we said last season that Richards would be a great mentor to Stepan because of the similar games they play, and then by the end of the season it was pointed out the positive effect he had on MDZ, Nash and Gaborik will probably make good mentors for CK.

Like Richards can really teach the young elite passers on the team some of the tricks he's picked up over the years and help them with their vision, Nash can impart some of the wisdom he's picked up in regards to using his speed and size effectively, and Gabby can do the same in regards to CK's shot and ability to get open. When the players have the skills, as was with Steps and MDZ, a mentor with similarities in their game can really help them early on. I see some similiarities in CK's game to Nash especially and a lesser extent Gaborik.

WE have some great leaders on the team already, with Cally, Lundqvist, Boyle, Girardi showing what it means to play hard every shift and sacrifice everything, and now we added another leader to a good group. The benefit to the kids coming through the system should be great. For the young defensemen that might be here in 1-2 years, Staal and Girardi are basically veterans right now in my eyes.

NYRantLftyC19 is offline   Reply With Quote