View Single Post
Old
08-28-2012, 04:06 PM
Memento
Missourian.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
I don't think it's very fair to compare Kurker to two guys drafted in the 7th round and a guy drafted in the 4th round who killed his own development by playing DIII hockey just because they were all drafted from HS. I can't recall a recent Blues 2nd rd HS draftee but Oshie was a late 1st rounder drafted out of HS. HSers are definiely harder to project than those playing Jrs but I don't think they should all be lumped together ignoring where they were taken in their respective drafts. Kurker was drafted in the 2nd rd for a reason and is said to have top-6 potential and plays a similar style to Backes and compares well to him at the same age. We really won't know what we have in Kurker and MacEachern until we get to see how they adapt to the college game but I don't think they should be discounted THAT much.
A minor quibble, but Gardiner was our third-round pick in 2010. Or do you mean Nill or Erstad? I can never tell them apart...

I like the games of Kurker, MacEachern, and Parayko, don't get me wrong. I'd still rank all three of them above Andronov and Lehtera (although Lehtera is more because of reasons I've already stated). I'm just not willing to rank them over more established prospects with proven records (i.e., Ponich, Edmundson, Veilleux, Tesink, Jaskin, and Beach). It's the same reason why Schmaltz doesn't appeal to me at the moment. These kids are so far away from NHL-calibre play that, in my opinion, it makes no sense to vote them this high up at the moment or even include them in the poll.

Memento is offline   Reply With Quote