View Single Post
Old
08-28-2012, 06:02 PM
Harnessed in Slums

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Fabricoh he would definitely be in front of guys like Tvrdon. I think the hype for him is getting a little too much. Hes a solid prospect but has a long way to go compared to Dekeyser who is pretty much NHL ready and also has solid potential as an impact shut down type
He's definitely further along than Tvrdon and I am not the biggest Tvrdon fan on the board by a long shot. Tvrdon still has the potential to be a very good skating power forward and those guys are very, very difficult to develop or acquire. DeKeyser is going to be a very solid defensive defenseman. I think his biggest benefit for us is he could help fill out our defensive depth while guys like Sproul, Ouellet and Jensen come along. Oh and he'd easily replace Kindl who simply hasn't developed to the point where he's a lock for the lineup.

So at the end of the day I think DeKeyser is a great prospect given our most glaring need. Due to that I think there is a potential to over-rate him among our prospect pool. I don't think he has the ultimate potential of the guys I list above him. In fact the prospect who might be closest to him is Riley Sheahan, who is definitely an NHL'er but doesn't have the offensive skill many expected when he was drafted.

Harnessed in Slums is online now   Reply With Quote