View Single Post
Old
08-28-2012, 07:32 PM
Hammer Slammer

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back in the Bigs View Post
I've never been in this type of pool before, either. Looks pretty cool.

Dumb question - as a minimum, do you basically have to post your 16 starters every day? And you only get the points those 16 guys produce that night?

So, if the whole league is playing on a Saturday, you'd potentially have 4 guys not dressed that are actually playing that night, so you have to kinda pick the 4 guys you want to sit out that might be least likely to garner any points for you that night?

And, if you don't do anything on a given day, does your previous roster just continue on?

This is a bit different from the day-to-day leagues (like default Yahoo Fantasy Hockey). You will set a weekly roster (you can set your roster for the upcoming week whenever if I remember correctly).

So your bench players will sit out the week, so you'd have to pick 4 that you think aren't going to do well that week. Obviously this backfires sometimes (******* Clarke McArthur last year for me, hot streak he's benched and cold streak he's in the lineup ).

It's a head to head league, so every week you are up against another team. Whoever puts up the most total points that week wins the matchup.

Your previous roster will keep going forever until you change it. That becomes a problem if people get injured and you have 4 guys on your roster who aren't playing. That's normally how you figure out who is inactive!

Hammer Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote