Thread: Confirmed Signing with Link: Linus Omark signs a 1-year deal with EV Zug (Switzerland)
View Single Post
Old
08-29-2012, 08:43 AM
Reikai
Neutral fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
Actually he is very one dimensional (and I actually like him). His skill set is suited to be a top six winger. He has been really poor defensively at the NHl level.

Unfortunately, the Oilers have Hall, Eberle, Yakupov, and Hemsky to fill out the top six. He is not going to beat out any of those four. Then you have Smyth, Jones, Eager, Petrell, Paajarvi and Hartikanen to fill out the remaining four spots, as well as prospects like Rieder, Pitlick, Hamilton, and Zharkov in the years to come, so it is not like he will just wait around for Hemsky to leave and jump right in.

Bottomline....Not much room at the Inn. But in the right situation he could still be effective in the NHL.
Then that explains it. From what i've understood throughout his career he has taken some defensive responsibilities and not just be all offense, maybe his defensive awareness just isnt good enough for the NHL. He could still improve on that though.

I would really like to see some non-playoff team like the Islanders try him out at some point.

Reikai is offline   Reply With Quote