View Single Post
Old
08-29-2012, 12:02 PM
Canadiens1958

vCash: 500
Eligibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain Fyffe View Post
Dragging this discussion back to this thread where it belongs.

So your counter to my point that players from Midget AAA are not drafted in the NHL draft is to provide an example of a player who could have played in Midget AAA but did not?

The Projectinator only cares about what the player actually did on the ice, not what he could have done.

Cannot have what both ways? I don't Projectinate players from the Australian league either. If I never do that means the system is technically incomplete from your point of view, even if no player from that league ever gets drafted by the professionals.

Same with Midget AAA. If that level becomes a source of Entry Draft players, then it will be Projectinated. Until such time, it falls outside the scope of the system.

I could certainly do the work on it, at least for Quebec where the data is available. But that would be a waste of time at the moment, since that league is not a source of players for the Entry Draft.
Point is that Quebec and other Midget AAA players are eligible if they are 17 year olds that meet NHL Entry draft criteria.

Similarly there are Jr A leagues in Canada that never had players drafted in the NHL Entry Draft but you wish to have the information.

Until Mark Jankowski was drafted, Stanstead College was not a source either nor was their league.

Canadiens1958 is offline   Reply With Quote