Thread: Proposal: Edm-Tor
View Single Post
Old
08-29-2012, 02:41 PM
Timmy Brent*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
OK. Don't want to get any infractions here, so I'll just say it as it is.

I THINK (I could be very wrong) that Colborne is a huge disappointment. I don't know what he's done wrong. Since he went pro all of the media reports make it sound like he's become much more aggressive and tough for his size, but he's failed miserably.

I'd take either of Lander, Pitlick, Hartikainen or Paajarvi over him at this point. Probably Zharkov too, but it's too soon to tell.

Burke swings for the fences on some of his trades and you can see in his trade history that it doesn't always work out. (not just talking about Toronto here)

To me, this is insulting, because Paajarvi is my favourite propsect belonging to the Oilers. He can skate with Cogliano's speed, he's an incredible athlete and he's got enough height to mess around, but he had to be sent down to learn to put up points in a North American system.

I was boiling mad how long it took for him to get sent down to the AHL. After a few games I was so angry because he wasn't getting top six minutes. Given how well he already played that bottom six role I wanted him sent down the AHL to play minutes in the AHL where he could play top 6 minutes and learn to score the right way.

He's now learning to have more patience. He's learning that he doesn't have a Joe Sakic-like wrist shot which can be shot from 1 meter past the blueline. (Joe never even did that.)

Magnus is the closest I've seen to Hossa V2.0 in a long time. If he actually hits the gym, puts on 15 pounds and learns a little patience he will be.

Nothing in the Toronto package comes close to what I described so the original proposal is nothing short of insulting. If TSN mentioned such a trade rumour 90% of the viewers would be laughing.

No. That wasn't a troll comment. That was the truth. In my very humble opinion.

Thanks.

Have a nice day.
Way to contradict yourself.

Timmy Brent* is offline   Reply With Quote