Thread: Proposal: Edm-Tor
View Single Post
Old
08-29-2012, 03:42 PM
Briecheeze

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
OK. Don't want to get any infractions here, so I'll just say it as it is.

I THINK (I could be very wrong) that Colborne is a huge disappointment. I don't know what he's done wrong. Since he went pro all of the media reports make it sound like he's become much more aggressive and tough for his size, but he's failed miserably.
He was leading the AHL in points for the first month and a bit of the season, then got called up and had 4 points in 6 NHL games, and then suffered a wrist injury when he was sent back down, which he hid from the coaching staff. That's why he fell off a cliff and looked like a bust last year.

He had 42 pts in 75 games as a rookie in the AHL, which is respectable for someone adjusting to pro hockey from college, so I don't know why people make it sound like his career is dead in the water. I'm inclined to give him a pass for last year considering he showed what he can do when healthy.

As for not being aggressive for his size, as long as he's scoring, no one will really care. It's more that because he's 6'5, everyone expects him to be Zdeno Chara, when that's not really his game.

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=634581

Last edited by Briecheeze: 08-29-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Briecheeze is offline   Reply With Quote