View Single Post
Old
08-29-2012, 04:33 PM
Tedenboozled

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
No offense, but most likely you haven't played enoguh to know your strengths and weaknesses. Regardless of your style, you have to learn how to butterfly, or you won't ever become a good goalie. There is no short cut to learning quick lateral movement, and playing a predominant stand up style is the worst thing you can do.

Go watch some adult C league games, the goalies that are letting in a bunch of goals usually struggle with the butterfly because they didn't want to take the time to practice it.
Don't get me wrong, I know I'll have to learn it sooner rather than later, but if I can stay up for any shots in my glove's range, I will. When I mentioned strengths, it was more what I feel more confident with rather than actual strong points, and at this point I'd take my catching glove over the left pad any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I guess I made a mistake naming the thread then, since I don't want to be kicking at low shots when I can just turn them away on the butterfly. Oh well, people make mistakes.

Tedenboozled is offline   Reply With Quote