Thread: Confirmed with Link: Bourque out for 8 to 12 weeks
View Single Post
Old
08-29-2012, 04:54 PM
Belso

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
This statement makes absolutely no sense. Why on earth would any fan 'hate' a player on their team.
A fan's ultimate goal is to see his team win the championship. I've only been watching hockey since 1989 and have only seen the Habs win one cup in that span.

When you have players on the team that care about their contracts more that playing the game and play for themselves over their team which cases the team to suffer as a whole we can get frustrated at that player. The same thing can be said about management. They can make decisions that hurt the team they took over. For example I hated Gauthier. He thought he was smarter than everyone and called all the shots. Kaberle isn't a bad person. Bourque seems like an ok guy too. Neither seem to be dirty. But they were both struggling when they were traded to Montreal and in their time here they didn't improve one bit. The team even got worse with time.

So it's not like most fans want player's head on a plater. But when I think a trade was bad and the analysts are all agreeing that a trade was bad, are we really surprised it didn't work out?

I hate Gauthier and I'm glad he has nothing to do with the team anymore. I hated Malakov for saying he has a sore neck and couldn't help the Habs in the playoffs, but a week later after they are eliminated he's skiing with his son. Fans in general will "hate" players for not caring about winning games. The Habs "hated" Malakov too and traded him after that incident.

But again, "hate" does not mean burning him at the stake. It just means they don't want them being part of the team.

For the record, I don't "hate" Gomez. He actually tried and is a good team guy. I just hate the contract and the fact that they played him so much just because he has a big contract and had some good seasons in the past. BUT if he comes to training camp in good shape and he does well in pre-season game being used in new system more suited for his style of play, I'll cheer him on.

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote