View Single Post
Old
08-29-2012, 05:54 PM
Talks to Goalposts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post

Ya I loved that Old fart Hamrlik.. He was always so constant, very good passes.. Very good back-doors.. He was a very solid top 3 dman, so underrated in his latter year.

Also, Karlsson's year is ridiculous. I don't think he can ever reproduce this he is at 3 ES points of Giroux ... This is incredible. Planet's we're aligned for him...

He's gonna be good, but 50 ES point really ?
Karlsson was involved on a ridiculous amount of his team's goals while on ice, something I very much doubt can be consistently replicated. Look at Mike Green after his 30 goal 70 point season or Keith after his 48 ES point year.

If he stays above 30 consistently he's the top or nearly the top offensive d in the league. I very much doubt he's a special case.

Defenseman offense on even strength is so dependent on things outside their control that a large degree of randomness with occasional incredible outliers is to be expected.

Thinking Karlsson won't replicate is the fairly sensible conclusion that he, in fact, is not Bobby Orr and probably not Paul Coffey either.

Last edited by Talks to Goalposts: 08-29-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote